Sunday, March 13, 2011

Getting reacquainted with the Hanger Clinic

A large Carnival was celebrated on Monday and Tuesday, so our local Haitian technicians were able to take a few days off. I think the timing was good for me though; I had a chance to get reacquainted with the routine – the rooster crowing at midnight, the kids playing tennis across the street at 6am, and the electricity shutting off and on for a moment signaling the welcome arrival of running water. It also allowed Vern and me to go over some details of the operations that are specific to the clinical leader. Luckily, my previous experience made me aware of the day-to-day operations, so we just had to fill in some details. Of course, there is an excellent support staff available to answer any questions I have, and I thank them for it.