Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Reflections from Jay Tew - 2

Jay Tew recently returned to Haiti for a fourth rotation as lead clinician at Klinik Hanger. The next several blog posts are reflections from Jay about his most recent trip.

May 27, 2012

I arrive in Port-au-Prince to be greeted by Josef Dobler, a German prosthetist from medi who is the current lead clinician at Klinik Hanger in Haiti. I get settled into our new home, Kay 11. It’s a little different than our last accommodations, but I’m thankful to have it. We live in the general volunteer area now and share our home and meals with all the volunteers from around the world. I like the change – it’s nice to live and learn with people from many different walks of life. My roomies are from Switzerland, England, Haiti and Germany.

Josef with a Klinik Hanger patient.