Thursday, May 20, 2010

Spaghetti with hot dogs for breakfast anyone?

The rooster that previously annoyed the men waged war on the girls’ side of the house this morning. I think he gets some twisted satisfaction of waking us at 4am and taunting us as we try to savor the last hours of slumber. The guys swear he makes his rounds of the house though, so I guess it’s not personal.

This morning we all descended on the casts from yesterday like anxious children opening presents on Christmas day. There were only 3 modifying stands in the cast room but practitioners spread to other rooms for modifying as well. Throughout the day we saw the normal influx of patients at the clinic (or Klinik Hanger) and were able to modify all the casts. Many are already in production! Such teamwork!

Until this afternoon I was starting to think that I’d been spared the rainy season since I hadn’t seen any rain. But, it poured this afternoon! A wonderful change because it cooled off the lab.

When I read blogs I always like pictures so I’ll give you one of an interesting meal we had a couple of days ago. Apparently, this meal is served for breakfast and we saw it for dinner that day. It’s a spaghetti with hot dogs and some spice.