Saturday, May 15, 2010

An update from Miami

Well, I successfully packed and am now in Miami. This morning I took a break from last minute preparations to have breakfast with a friend and seemed to be saying goodbye to people all day. A flurry of last phone calls and an occasional hug goodbye.

I also savored creature comforts all day. The bacon with my breakfast, the DC sights I walked by, the diet soda with ice on the plane. Even the air conditioning on the plane that made me thankful for my one sweatshirt I've brought was a reminder of all the comforts we take for granted that I may miss. Kind of reminds me of that book some of my friends read to their children, Goodnight Moon.

I ended the evening by grabbing a snack with two of the other practitioners coming in for a two week rotation. I said goodbye to ice cream. One of the first times I spoke with Jay I vividly remember asking what he missed most. "My family!" was the first response but shortly followed by ice cream.

Here is a picture of me with all of my bags.

Tomorrow begins another exciting chapter in my life-can't wait!


*The above is a blog post e-mailed from Anna Avakian.